LIFT Awards Privacy Notice
This notice explains what personal data (information) we hold about you and your nominee, how we collect, how we use and may share information about you. We are required to give you this information under data protection law.
Who Are We?
LIFT Ireland (LIFT) collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which applies across the European Union and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Your Personal Information & Personal Information of the Nominee
We collect and use your personal information in order to collect awards nominations to promote positive stories and to celebrate the efforts and achievements of individuals who are engaged with LIFT.
Processing of personal information is required in order that we can process the nomination of the named nominee. We require also to process the information of the nominee in order to process the LIFT Theme Award nomination. We collect the personal information necessary to process applications. This is with the purpose of making a determination of eligibility and suitability for an award. As part of the nomination process, we may collect or receive sensitive personal data about a nominee, including data revealing details of that person’s background.
We will always ensure that this information is held confidentially and accessed only by those people involved in processing the nomination.
Information we Collect:
In the course of running the awards process, from nomination to awards, we collect the following personal information, when you provide it to us:
- Nominee’s personal information (such as name, address, contact details, mobile phone number, date of birth, gender)
- Nominee’s special category information and background information if this is part of the nomination story
- Nominator’s personal information provided (such as name, address, organisation and contact details, mobile phone number)
- Reason for nomination (achievements and efforts recognised)
How we use Your Personal Information:
We use your personal information to:
- Maintain a secure record of nominees for recording purposes within the LIFT Theme category.
- Transfer and anonymity (where we remove any information that may identify you or your nominee) your nomination story into a Word document for the judging panel
- Securely save your nomination form and further information submitted into a secure area
- Present awards and certificates
- To facilitate script/sound bite research and development with the nominator, the young person and their parent/guardian
How Long Your Personal Data will be Kept:
We will hold the finalists’ personal information securely by retaining the name and contact details of the finalists to be able to invite them to events and promotion of their award after the event. After this time the personal information will be securely destroyed. We will destroy all nomination forms by end-May 2020.
Reasons we Collect and use Your Personal Information:
We rely on consent for the taking and use of photos, sound bites and video recordings. The approved photographer will be made aware of those who have not provided their consent.
The nominee may withdraw consent at any time. The nominator may request that LIFT deletes their information or the nomination. If you or the nominee request that the nomination or your details are deleted prior to judging, the nomination will not be processed any further and any personal information that had been collected will be deleted.
Who we Share Your Personal Information With:
- Anonymous information is passed to the judging panel
- LIFT’s office in order to issue press releases which are issued following judging rounds, and photos and information relating to the nomination, where consent has been given
- The presenters of the award ceremony so that they can read the agreed script and share your positive story with the audience
Your information will not be shared with any third party unless we are required to do so by law.
Under GDPR you have rights which you can exercise free of charge which allow you to:
- Know what we are doing with your information and why we are doing it
- Ask to see what information we hold about you (subject access request)
- Ask us to correct any mistakes in the information we hold about you
- Object to direct marketing
- Withdraw consent at any time (if applicable)
You May Also be Entitled to:
- Ask us to delete information we hold about you
- Have your information transferred electronically to yourself or to another organisation
- Object to decisions being made that significantly affect you
- Object to how we are using your information
- Stop us using your information in certain ways
We will always seek to comply with your request however, we may be required to hold or use your information to comply with legal duties.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Who to Contact
Contact us via our website (www.liftireland.ie/contact) for any further information regarding your rights.
Pete Smyth, Broadlake
Pete Smyth, Chief Executive Officer, Broadlake
Catherine Moroney, AIB
Catherine Moroney, Head of Business Banking, AIB
Chupi Sweetman, Chupi
Chupi Sweetnam, Founder, Chupi
Sonya Lennon, Dress For Success Dublin
Sonya Lennon, Founder, Dress For Success Dublin